1. ARTISTS must promote! Artist's bringing people out is a) how we stay open AND b) how we determine whether to book you again. TIP: Mailing lists, emails, contacts and personal invites are WAY more effective than flyers!
2. Our backline includes a PA, great house sound, mics and mic stands, most cables, house congas, a house drum set, and a house keyboard.
3. Set up can happen whenever in the hour or so before music is set to start or happens "on the fly" on evenings when there are multiple acts playing
4. We usually have one person who doubles as barista and sound person. We typically do a sound check, get the levels and effects tweaked, and then let the sound board alone for most of the night. Let us know about special needs in advance, or, for less stress, bring along a soundperson!
5. We can’t pay artists’ in food or cash, but you do have our undying admiration and respect!
6. Artists are free to set out a tip jar, sell merchandise, and self promote.
7. If you want to charge a cover you need to make arrangements with the house ahead of time (see rules and policies page).
7. Some promotion ideas:
a) We’ll put up one or two posters if your send them to us and put out flyers.
b) We’ll try to play your CD if you send it.
c) To get your gig listed in the LA Weekly,
d) To get your gig listed in the Santa Monica Mirror email Lynn at
e) To get your gig listed in the Argonaut email:
g) Make sure in your listing to include the name of the band, the date and time of the event, the name and address of the venue (The Talking Stick Coffee Lounge: 1411c Lincoln Blvd, Venice, CA 90291)